Concealed Carry – Pistol Permit
There are four types of pistol permit options:
- New – Select if new to vendor site.
- Renew – ONLY select if previous user of vendor site.
- Replacement – ONLY select if lost or damaged before expiration.
- Veteran – Select NEW to apply for a one-year free permit, then select retired veteran on the application. Qualifications:
- Honorably Discharged Retired Veteran.
- Must provide proof upon pickup (DD214 or I.D.)
Pistol permits are issued in yearly increments, up to 5 years. The fee is $15.00/year.
- 1-year permit fee: $15.00
- 2-year permit fee: $30.00
- 3-year permit fee: $45.00
- 4-year permit fee: $60.00
- 5-year permit fee: $75.00
Approved permits are issued 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) may be picked up at the front desk. After hours & holidays: picked up at Dispatch Entrance on the west side of the building.
Applications will be done online, through a third party vendor. After application is completed, the Limestone County Sheriff’s Office will perform the required background checks. Upon approval, or if additional information or documentation are needed, the applicant will receive a call from the out of state vendor (Seattle telephone number), advising status of application. Applicants must appear in person at the Limestone County Sheriff’s Office to pick up the pistol permit.
If you do not wish to apply or pay online, you may contact the office at (256) 232–0111, and request application be completed via phone.