Pistol Permit — Concealed Carry
There are four types of pistol permit options:
- New – Select if new to vendor site.
- Renew – ONLY select if the previous user of the vendor site.
- Replacement – ONLY select if lost or damaged before expiration.
- Veteran – Select NEW to apply for a one-year free permit, then select retired veteran on the application.
- Honorably Discharged Retired Veteran.
- Must provide proof upon pickup (DD214 or I.D.)
Pistol permits are issued in yearly increments, up to 5 years. The fee is $15.00/year.
- 1-year permit fee: $15.00
- 2-year permit fee: $30.00
- 3-year permit fee: $45.00
- 4-year permit fee: $60.00
- 5-year permit fee: $75.00
Approved permits are issued 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, Monday – Friday (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM), and may be picked up at the front desk.
Permits picked up during After-hours & Holidays must be picked up at the Dispatch Entrance on the west side of the building.
Applications will be done online, through a third-party vendor. After the application is completed, the Limestone County Sheriff’s Office will perform the required background checks. Upon approval, or if additional information or documentation is needed, the applicant will receive a call from the out-of-state vendor (Seattle telephone number), advising the status of the application. Applicants must then appear in person at the Limestone County Sheriff’s Office to pick up the pistol permit.