Mail: 8700 Cowford Road,
Athens, AL 35611
Camping is truly a pleasure at Cowford Landing at Round Island Recreational area.
Located on the beautiful Tennessee River. Round Island Recreational area is part of the North Alabama Birding Trail. We offer well-groomed and shaded campsites with many of the amenities you might want for your RV vacation.
Many of our 52 campsites are pull-through, graveled and level with water, sewer and 30/50 amp electric. Cowford Landing offers swimming, fishing and boating with a sandy beach area and boat launches with a floating pier. Our private entry climate controlled bathhouse/laundry room is the ultimate in handicapped-accessible facilities.
- Shaded & several pull-through Sites
- Climate controlled bathhouse/laundry room
- Key coded entry gate
- 30 sites on the river
- Picnic tables on all sites
- Water, sewer and 30/50 amp electric
Rates and Regulations
Limestone County Commission and the city of Athens in conjunction with the Limestone County Parks and Recreation Board, offers this facility for your convenience and enjoyment. Continued, successful operation of the park depends upon your cooperation and compliance with the following rules and regulations. The park is located on federal property and is patrolled by the Limestone County Sheriff’s Department and Athens Police Department, as well as TVA security.
New Rates: Effective 10-1-2016
- $24.00 per day
- $125.00 per week
- $330.00 per month
- 5% lodging tax
- Check In and Out by 12:00 noon.
- All fees must be paid in advance; there are no refunds for early departures. If rent is past due, late fees of $5 per day will be added to rent.
- Camping is permitted at designated areas only. (No tent Camping).
- Only one camping unit per site. Rates are based on family units.
- No more than 8 people, including visitors, are allowed at each campsite without prior approval.
- A maximum of three (3) vehicles may park at each campsite. Boat trailers are counted as vehicles, as well as motorcycles and PWS’s . Parked vehicles must not hinder traffic flow or create a safety problem. Motorized vehicles are to be used for transportation only – NOT RECREATION. Golf cart operators must have lights after dark. (NO 4-Wheelers.) Boats tied to pier overnight are in violation of rules.
- Normal length of stay in thirty (30) consecutive days on any one campsite, especially popular riverfront lots. Extension of stay is at the discretion of the campground management. 50% of our non riverfront lots are seasonal. We close for 2 weeks in December.
- Quiet hours are enforced from 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Excessive noise, loud music, and public drunkenness are prohibited. No barking dogs
- All pets must be kept inside or on a leash (not to exceed 6 feet). NO ATTACK DOGS ALLOWED. (such as Pitt Bulls) No more than two dogs per camper and pet waste must be picked up and discarded. Do not tie dogs outside. No pets allowed in laundry room. Pets must be kept on your lot.
- Do not cut or damage trees. No clothes lines, no yard ornaments or exposed wires on campsite that could be cut by mowing grass. Appliances such as refrigerators must be kept inside. Decorative lights are limited to camper. Do not hang decorative lights on the trees or attach to trees.
- Fires shall be confined to grills or other appropriate facilities.
- Campers are responsible for their own garbage. Garbage must be sealed and placed in dumpster located in the park. Please keep lots clean. Camp host will post a warning if lot is unacceptable. No decks or permanent structures. Handicap steps must be approved.
- Washing of cars, boats or campers is prohibited.
Emergency numbers: 256-349-6212 weekdays and 256-434-0174 weekends.
CAMPERS VIOLATING THESE PROCEDURES SHALL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE CAMPGROUND AND ITS PREMISES, AND BE FURTHER SUBJECT TO DENIAL OF FUTURE USE OF THE CAMPGROUND AND ITS PREMISES, WHETHER SUCH FUTURE USE BE AS A RENTER OR GUEST OF A RENTER, OR OTHERWISE.
OBSERVE SPEED LIMIT, CHILDREN RIDING BIKES AND PLAYING